Short: VirusZ III 1.02 - Antivirus Software
Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Georg Hörmann)
Uploader: ghoermann gmx de (Georg Hörmann)
Requires: AmigaOS 2.04 or better
Copyright © 1991-1999/2002-2004 by Georg Hörmann
Copyright © 1999-2001 by Dirk Stöcker
VirusZ is the last one of the classic antivirus programs for Amiga computers
that still gets updated (from time to time;-).
This archive no longer contains any of the required libraries, so please get
them from Aminet (locations are mentioned in the header of this textfile).
To ensure that you have downloaded an original version of VirusZ and not a
fake, you can use my PGP key (attached to the VirusZ.doc file) together with
the signatures included in the archive for verification. You can also
download a 100% safe copy of my PGP key from the following homepages:
Virus Help Team Denmark homepage: www.vht-dk.dk
Dirk Stöcker's homepage: www.dstoecker.de
Additionally, you should compare the file size of your VirusZ copy with the
one displayed in the programs 'About' information. They MUST match if you
didn't modify VirusZ yourself (eg. with a file compressor).
For any comments, bug reports, snapshots and/or if you have found some new
virus, contact the author at the following addresses:
snail-mail: Georg Hörmann
1.02 Changes/Additions since 1.01:
- Changed back to FREEWARE, that MAILWARE thing just ended up in too
many emails :-) Thanks to all who gave me feedback and sorry if
I didn't reply to everybody!
- Added dozens of snapshots sent by Fabian Siesmayer, Jonny Högsten,
Stellan, Micheal Evans, Maurizio Callegarin, Michael Malychev,
DMX and Michael Domoney. Thanks for all the testing, guys.
- Added really nice MorphOS icon created by Christian Rosentreter to
- Added SegTracker 45.1 to the package. You should add it with the
FULLPATH option to your startup-sequence right after SetPatch for
best results in the vector check.
- Enhanced SegTracker support in the vector check. If a filename is
too long to fit in one line because of path information, it will
be split and displayed in two lines instead.
- Enhanced Snapshot function in the vector check. I noticed that
sometimes patches of different vectors point to the same address
(esp. Audio_0 - Audio_3 IntVecs). Whenever you tried to save such
snapshots, the first ones would have been overwritten because of
identical filenames. VirusZ now creates up to 10 different names
for such cases.
- Improved support of suspicious process fields in the vector check.
The tc_Switch, tc_Launch and pr_PktWait entries will be reported
separately now if necessary and therefore can be monitored too.
To clear all entries of one type, select the respective headline
and then press the 'Clear' button.
- Spent some nights reviewing the sourcecode (over 25.000 lines!)
and did lots of small optimizations, rearrangements and fixes
mostly to the startup-code, vector check and memory monitor for
a better and safer program execution.
- The 'Install' function in the bootblock lab can write a standard
Kick 1.3 bootblock again.
- Enhanced the 'Line -' and 'Page -' functions in the memory monitor
when displaying assembler instructions. Both functions will now
additionally call FindStartPosition() from disassembler.library
for the most sensible results.
- Fixed bug in the 'Address' function of the memory monitor that
might have caused accesses to non-existent memory areas.
- Removed the 'Show...' and 'Technical Info' menu items and added
that information to the new 'About' window.
- Did several changes/fixes to the internal GUI support code:
a. All windows share one single IDCMP port now, VirusZ therefore
will no longer run out of task signals if you try to open all its
windows at one time.
b. Window flags, IDCMP flags and several other essential stuff
gets compiled during window creation automatically now and thus
reduces the possibility of bugs caused by badly filled structures.
c. Fixed bug in the window resizing code that lead to ugly results
if you changed system fonts from smaller to bigger ones.
d. No longer uses NOCAREREFRESH windows but, as stated in the RKM,
calls GT_BeginRefresh()/GT_EndRefresh(). [It's actually funny that
there obviously didn't appear any problems during years with the
old method even though it is said not to work in the RKM.]