Short: Amiga port of ODAMEX
Uploader: novacoder yahoo co uk
Architecture: m68k-amigaos >= 3.1.0
Kurz: Amiga Portierung von ODAMEX
Amiga 68k port based on ODAMEX v0.6.4
Odamex is a modification of DOOM to allow players to compete with each other
over the Internet using the client/server architecture. Thanks to the source
code release of DOOM by id Software in December 1997, there have been many
modifications that enhanced DOOM in various ways. These modifications are known
as "source ports", as early modifications mainly ported DOOM to other platforms
and operating systems such as Windows, AmigaOS and Macintosh.
Odamex is based on the CSDoom 0.62 source code originally created by Sergey
Makovkin, which is based on the ZDoom 1.22 source code created by Randy Heit.
Odamex is released under the GNU General Public License v2. Please read
LICENSES for further details regarding the license.
* RTG SDL port...yes really!
* AHI sound support
* SDL Mixer music support (OGG/WAV files)
* International keyboard mapping
* Mouse scroll wheel support for weapons switching
* An awesome icon!
* The popular ZDoom 1.22 core engine and CSDoom 0.62 core net code
* Compatibility with many major operating systems, including Windows, Linux,
FreeBSD, AmigaOS and Mac OSX
* Core game play modelled on the original doom2.exe
* Accurate playback of doom2.exe demo files
* Streamlined WAD loading, allowing the server and clients to load WAD files
on the fly without needing to restart the client or server
* Compatibility with Boom, MBF and CTF Standard maps
* Jumping, Mouse-look and other non-standard features
1) An RTG Amiga
2) 68060 processor
3) 32MB of FAST RAM
4) The original games (or demo)
There are a few Tooltypes to play with:
1) closewb: Close the Workbench (3.1 ROMS recommended)
When running from the Shell you must specify a stack of at least 300,000
The AHI device used will be the one setup in your AHI Prefs (unit 0).
Please see the Odamex documentation for command line and Tooltypes options.
Any errors *should* be written to a file called 'ERROR.TXT' in the game directory.
1) No network or multi-player support
2) No Joystick support
0.6.4.26 - Added support to run from the Shell, changed the audio driver to AHI (SDL),
added support for playing back compressed music files (OGG/WAV) using the SDL Mixer,
slight performance improvements.
0.6.4.30 - Fixed memory corruption on startup.
0.6.4.31 - Fixed bug with memory allocation when running with less than 128MB.
1) If you have a Blizzard you should really be using BlizKick, Apollo users should be using RemApollo
2) Fast File System is actually really slow, use PFS3 instead
3) Using the SDL Mixer to playback compressed music files will be slow on a real classic Amiga
4) Use v4.18 of AHI as the later versions are too slow!
5) If you are using Paula stick with the 'FAST' 8 bit Mono/Stereo++ modes (AHI prefs)
6) A 16 bit sound card *might* be faster with a 16 bit mode (AHI prefs)
7) If you're having performance problems, make sure you are using the latest/patched WAD files (see links section).
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1001265 (Odamex thread on EAB)
http://odamex.net/ (Odamex page)
http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/info/patches.php (DOOM WAD versions)
http://aminet.net/package/driver/audio/ahiusr_4.18 (AHI Audio system)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlkxvDx27sY (AHI setup guide)
http://sc55.duke4.net/ (Roland SC-55 music packs for the SDL Mixer)