Short: Programmable relational database w/ GUI
Author: email@example.com (Steffen Gutmann)
Uploader: muibase yahoo com (Steffen Gutmann)
Requires: MUI 3.8
Architecture: m68k-amigaos; ppc-amigaos; ppc-morphos
MUIbase (Magic data BASE with User Interface) is a relational, programmable
database with graphical user interface for Windows, Mac, Linux and Amiga.
MUIbase is open source software distributed under the terms of the
GNU General Public License (GPL).
If you like MUIbase and would like to support it then you are welcome to
make a donation. Please visit https://sourceforge.net/projects/muibase
for more information.
MUIbase is a fast and flexible database system. It is targeted for
advanced desktop users who want to manage data in a comfortable and
powerful way. MUIbase is able to manage any kind of data, e.g. addresses,
CD series, movies, photo collections, your family tree, your income and
expense, and much more. The power of MUIbase lies in its clear and
powerful graphical user interface and its programming capabilities.
Programming MUIbase allows you to process data in various ways,
e.g. automatic calculations upon user input, generation of reports,
import and export of data, etc. For example MUIbase can be used for
calculating the total amount of income, or the total amount of recorded
time on a CD, or to automatically create and print serial letters to
MUIbase offers the following features:
* Shared access to a project from multiple instances of MUIbase running on
the same or different computers.
* Unlimited number of projects, tables, fields, and records.
* Fields can be of type string, memo (multi line text), integer, real,
date, time, Boolean, choice (one item out of many items), reference
(easy way to reference a record of another table), button (for
starting MUIbase programs), and virtual (compute value on the fly).
* The string type can also manage lists of strings, files, and fonts.
A string can refer to an external image which is displayed in the
graphical user interface.
* Dynamic loading of records. Records which are not needed may be
flushed from memory (e.g. when memory is low).
* Programmability. With the easy and powerful MUIbase programming
language complex tasks can be implemented. The language also
includes a SELECT-FROM-WHERE query for easy and fast data retrieval.
* Ordering of records by any combinations of fields.
* Flexible and powerful search and filter facility.
* Query editor which allows entering and managing of SELECT-FROM-WHERE
queries. The queries can be saved and the results can be printed.
* Optional logging of changes (adding, deleting and changing of records)
into a system log table.
* SQLite3 file format, and import and export facility.
* Full documentation including user and programming manual in HTML
* Operating system independence. MUIbase is available for Windows, Mac,
Linux and Amiga. The source code of MUIbase is also available as part
of a Source Forge project.
New features since V4.1
o Projects are now saved in the SQLite3 format. Existing projects are
converted automatically when loading a project.
o Labels for database objects have their own font settings in the structure
o Improved performance (loading of records, select-from-queries with a
condition on a reference record).
o Changes can be logged to an external file, and applied to a backup copy
of a project.
o Several bug fixes.
Steffen Gutmann, 07.12.2020