Short: JFIF-JPEG datatype V45.14
Author: email@example.com (Oliver Roberts)
Uploader: oliver futaura co uk (Oliver Roberts)
Requires: OS 3.0+,picture.datatype v43+
Architecture: m68k-amigaos; ppc-amigaos; ppc-warpup; ppc-morphos
Changes since previous Aminet release:
- Further 10% speed increase when using AltiVec (OS4 and MorphOS).
- 5-10% faster on 68k and MorphOS, and 2% faster on WarpOS.
- Merged in changes from IJG jpeglib v9d.
- Minor optimizations and improvements.
- MorphOS and WarpOS versions recompiled with VBCC 0.9g.
- OS4 version and MorphOS AltiVec code recompiled with GCC 8.1.0.
- All benchmarks recomputed after the repair of my A1200, with
SCSI2SD replacing my SCSI HDD and disabling all debug tools.
- Updated Spanish installer.
- Supports regular JFIF files, and also many JPEG variant formats such
as Exif, Adobe, Photoshop, Mavi, Windows, JCCK/CMYK colorspace files
and other less common formats
- Supports both normal and progressive JPEG files
- SmartScale lossless capable JPEG decoder
- Can optionally downscale large images to fit the screen, during the
JPEG decoding process, allowing huge oversized images to be loaded
and displayed much faster.
- Full true colour (24-bit) and high quality reduced colour (256 colours
or less) and greyscale output modes, for graphics cards and native Amiga
- Highly optimized datatype dispatch engine, and fast JPEG decoder,
resulting in a very efficient, compact and quick JPEG datatype
- Asynchronous file i/o and double buffering techniques (WarpOS only),
which speeds up image decoding
- Optimized versions for 68020, 030, 040 and 060
- PowerPC support with native OS4, WarpOS and MorphOS versions
- AltiVec speed optimizations for OS4 and MorphOS
- Alter the pen allocation precision when images are remapped to an
- Specific support for the AmigaOS picture.datatype v44+, when available
- The dithering feature of the AmigaOS picture.datatype v44+ can be
configured to your liking (e.g. disabled for 15/16-bit displays)
- Based on the Independent JPEG Group's jpeglib 9d/6b and libjpeg-turbo
WarpJPEG is a JFIF/JPEG datatype which utilizes and requires the following:
- Kickstart 3.0 or higher
- picture.datatype v43 or higher
(i.e. either of the ones supplied with AmigaOS 3.5+, P96 or CGraphX)
- 68020 processor or higher (optimized versions included)
- PPC accelerator card + 68040/060
- WarpUp Release 5.0 or higher
- PPC accelerator card / AmigaOne / SAM
- AmigaOS 4.0 or higher
- PPC accelerator card / Pegasos / Efika
- MorphOS 1.4 or higher
Note that a graphics card is not necessary.