Short: ShowConfig kind of tool. V1.3.23
Author: email@example.com (Harry "Piru" Sintonen)
Uploader: firstname.lastname@example.org (Harry "Piru" Sintonen)
Requires: OS 1.1+
WhichAmiga is yet another ShowConfig like tool, except it's highly
sophisticated and is capable of determining which Amiga model you're
This is a public source code release. See WhichAmiga.guide/history.
- has some PAL/NTSC timing problems, can give wrong CPU/FPU MHz.
- does only detect 8372b/8375 if 2mb chip mem.
- random crashes on some systems have been reported. be sure you have
saved all your work saved before your run WhichAmiga!
- always report 68EC030 if 68030mmu is not in use.
- give too low CPU MHz for overclocked 68000 and 68010 systems.
WhichAmiga main features include:
- Recognizes following Amiga models: Amiga 1000, old Amiga 500, Amiga 500,
Amiga 500+, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200, Amiga 1400, Amiga 2000, Amiga 2500,
Amiga 3000, Amiga 3000UX, Amiga 3000 Tower, Amiga 4000, Amiga 4000 Tower,
CD³², CDTV and MacroSystems' DraCo (Amiga-clone). They aren't all tested,
· Amiga 1500(+) isn't really separate Amiga model, it's Amiga 2000 with two
floppy drives. Amiga 1500(+)'s were sold in GB.
- Recognizes UAE emulated Amiga.
- Recognizes MorphOS m68k emulation.
- Recognizes following 68k CPU models: 68000, 68010, 68EC020, 68020,
68EC030, 68030, 68EC040, 68LC040, 68040, 68EC060, 68LC060 and 68060.
- Calculates clock frequency for 68k CPU. Should now always work on
040 and 060 (1.3.x).
- Recognizes following PowerPC CPU models: 602, 603, 604, 603e, 603p and
604e. Also shows PowerPC processor clock speed, revision and bus clock
speed (on both PowerUP and WarpUP).
- Recognizes following FPU models: 68881, 68882, 68040 internal and 68060
- Calculates clock frequency for 68k FPU.
- Recognizes following MMU models: 68851, 68030 internal, 68040 internal
and 68060 internal.
- Recognizes following custom chips (both PAL and NTSC): OCS Agnus,
Fat Agnus, Fatter Agnus (1MB), Super Agnus (2MB), AGA Alice (rev
0-2/3-4), OCS Denise, ECS Denise, AGA Lisa, AAA Lisa, Paula 8364,
Akiko, Ramsey, Gary and Gayle. Chips' revision information is
displayed if available.
- Correctly recognizes old Denise 8362 (that has no valid DeniseID/LisaID
register) and Agnus 8361/8367 (buggy blitter wait) chips.
- Recognizes following graphics boards: 1600-GX, A2410, Altais Card,
Blackbox, BlizzardVision PPC, CyberVision 64, CyberVision 64/3D,
CyberVision PPC, Domino, GVP Spectrum 28/24, Firecracker 24, GDA-1,
Graffity, Horizon, Impact Vision 24, Inferno, Merlin, oMniBus, OpalVision,
Picasso II, Picasso IV (+add-ons), Piccolo, PiccoloSD-64, Pixel64,
Rainbow III, Rembrandt, Resolver, Retina Z2, Retina Z3, UAE Picasso96,
Visiona, Vivid-24 and Voyager.
- Recognizes following sound cards: Concierto, Delfina DSP, Delfina Lite,
Delfina Plus, Delfina 1200, Maestro, MaestroPro, Melody, Melody 1200,
Prelude, RePulse, Toccata, ToccataPro and Wavetools.
- WhichAmiga works with programs that use MMU: Enforcer, CPU FASTROM, VMM and
GigaMem are tested ones. WhichAmiga executable can be loaded into VMEM.
- WhichAmiga peeks original ROM chip version, even if ROM is rekicked with
MMU. Following kickstart ROM versions are recognised: 1.0, 1.1 NTSC, 1.1
PAL, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 beta, 2.0 beta, 2.04, 2.05, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 and 3.5.
- Recognizes following Workbench versions: 1.1 ntsc, 1.1 pal, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4
beta, 2.0 beta, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 3.1, 3.5 beta, 3.5, 3.5 BoingBag1 beta, 3.5
BoingBag1, 3.5 BoingBag2 beta1, 3.5 BoingBag2 beta2, 3.5 BoingBag2 and 3.9.
- If boards.library is found WhichAmiga lists all expansion boards on system.
- WhichAmiga is FreeWare! Copyright © 1995-2001 PitPlane Productions.