Short: Windows BMP datatype V45.7
Author: email@example.com (Oliver Roberts)
Uploader: oliver futaura co uk (Oliver Roberts)
Requires: OS 3.0+,picture.datatype v43+
Architecture: m68k-amigaos; ppc-amigaos; ppc-warpup; ppc-morphos
Changes since previous Aminet release:
- Added workaround for a bug in OS4 which can cause a crash when a
requester is opened (bug fixed in intuition.library 53.32).
- Fixed (VBCC fix) potential system lockup when calling the GM_RENDER
method in the WarpOS version (e.g. when using Multiview with the
AfA OS picture.datatype).
- Added AmiUpdate support.
- Updated Spanish installer strings.
- Supports common BMP file types, including both Windows and OS/2 BMP
formats. These include BMP images with a bit depth of 1, 4, 8, 16, 24
and 32, both uncompressed and RLE compressed
- Highly optimized datatype dispatch engine and BMP decoder,
resulting in a very efficient, compact and quick BMP datatype
- Asynchronous file i/o and double buffering techniques (WarpOS only),
which speeds up image decoding
- Optimized versions for 68020, 030, 040 and 060
- PowerPC support with native OS4, WarpOS and MorphOS versions
- Alter the pen allocation precision when images are remapped to an
- Specific support for the AmigaOS picture.datatype v44+, when available
- The dithering feature of the AmigaOS picture.datatype v44+ can be
configured to your liking (e.g. disabled for 15/16-bit displays)
This datatype needs the following in order to work:
- Kickstart 3.0 or higher
- picture.datatype v43 or higher
(i.e. either of the ones supplied with AmigaOS 3.5+, P96 or CGraphX)
- 68020 processor or higher (optimized versions included)
- PPC accelerator card + 68040/060
- WarpUp Release 5.0 or higher
- PPC accelerator card / AmigaOne / SAM
- AmigaOS 4.0 or higher
- PPC accelerator card / Pegasos / Efika
- MorphOS 1.4 or higher
Note that a graphics card is not necessary.